- Our Business Growth Program is an innovative package of assistance programs specifically structured to help build profitable, sustainable and capable businesses.
- Our small business champions are located across the Northern Territory (NT) to help local business access government programs.
- Economic development officers support business and industry in all regions of the NT through identifying and project managing strategic economic development initiatives.
- Workforce training coordinators in the regions are able to support employers by brokering training support and providing program assistance linked to employment. Workforce training coordinators also have a particular focus on improving employment opportunities for local Aboriginal Territorians.
- Smarter Business Solutions program provides tailored assistance and advice to reduce costs by adopting efficient, innovative and proven energy, waste and water technologies and practices.
- The Biz Secure program helps eligible Territory businesses access funding to make permanent improvements aimed at enhancing the safety of their premises against break-ins.
- The First Home Buyer Home Renovation Grant program offers businesses an opportunity to carry out works for first home buyers of an existing dwelling.
- Business owners can attend free Business Upskills workshops hosted by industry experts.
- October Business Month offers a month long program of inspirational and educational business events.
- The Aboriginal Business Development Program assists Aboriginal people to enter commercial business or expand existing businesses creating employment and wealth creation opportunities.
- The Industry Buildskills Program assists NT employers to upskill or re-skill existing workers.
- NT Equity Training Grants support proposals that increase training and employment opportunities for disadvantaged groups.
- The Pre-employment Training Program gives people practical skills to support them to get a job, apprenticeship or traineeship.
- The Aboriginal Employment Program, includes the Aboriginal Workforce Grants and the Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants and supports initiatives linked to demand driven skilling or employment opportunities in regions and communities.
- MigrationNT provide services that support businesses operating in the NT through a range of activities that help them to engage eligible overseas workers.
- Employer incentives and assistance are available for businesses who employ apprentices and trainees in the NT.
- The NT Worker Attraction program promotes the NT as a place to work and live to contribute to a pool of workers ready to meet future industry needs.
- Mastering Innovation NT Network provides opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs interested in pursuing innovation through networking, collaboration, events and partnerships.
- The Business Innovation Support Initiatives program helps business owners to develop and commercialise their ideas. Both grants and vouchers are available.
- The Innovator-in-Residence Program provides mentoring and specialist advice to start-up businesses to help them grow and address the critical uncertainties faced by small and medium enterprises in the NT.
- The Trade Support Scheme can provide funding to assist businesses to identify export opportunities, establish new export markets or grow existing export markets.
- Export ready businesses who want to improve their existing international networks and markets can become a partner in the government’s business delegations to key markets.